Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Sunday 26 October 2014

Sneaky Tilda

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope you all had a good week. I spent most the day in my craft room on Friday and it was wonderful. I didn't achieve much other than colour one image, but it was just so relaxing. Yesterday was spent doing the housework, cutting the grass and clearing up the leaves and then I retreated to my craft room. Phil is off next week too and we are going to have a couple of days away to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary which is in a couple of weeks time.

I thought I would give you an update on George as some of you have been asking, at the moment he is still on 24 hours notice, which means he could get a call at anytime to say he is flying out to Sierra Leone, I am still praying that, that doesn't happen, but thank you so much for asking. 

Anyway enough of my waffle as we have a new challenge at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia  today and this time the theme is 'Autumn Colours'. 

For a change I made a circular easel card using a Spellbinders Grand Circle die. The papers are by Maja and I hand stitched around the outside and then went and covered most of it up, what a numpty.  I stamped up my favourite Tilda, Sneaky Tilda and masked her with Mushroom with Snail stamp, which is quite an oldie and coloured them using Copics and added some highlights with Prisma pencils. Her dress turned out a bit darker than I had intended as I got a bit carried away colouring her. She has been stamped onto Neenah card and cut using a Go Kreate Ovals die and then mounted onto some brown card which I cut using a Go Kreate scalloped die. Behind the oval is a Marianne Heart die mounted onto a paper doily. The leaves have been cut out of copper and olive colour card with a Crealies die, again the die is quite an oldie maybe it's time to invest in some new dies lol. The flowers, lace, pearl string, ric rac, ribbon and cones are all from the Ribbon Girl, links to the products are at the bottom of this post, just click on a picture to be taken directly to the product. 



Copics list:
Skin: E11, 21, 00, 000, 0000, R21
Hair and Snail: E29, 25, 53, 50
Dress: E49, 47, 44, 43, 42, 41, 40
Boots: E37, YR24, 21
Mushroom: R89, 37, 35, 22
Grass: YG99, 97, 95, 93

Pencils: Mineral Orange, Light Umber, Sienna Brown, Black

The winner of this challenge will win a GDT spot.

My teamies have made some lovely cards, if you have a moment, pop over and take a peek and even better still join us in our challenge. 

Well that's it from me today, enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Take care.

Hugs
Gina xx

9 comments:

  1. Stunning card Gina, love the colours you have used for this sweet Tilda. Beautiful layout and embellishments as always.
    So pleased your son has not been posted out to SL. Enjoy your holiday and time with your hubby x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These deeper Autumn Colours are really lovely. Your Card is Stunning as Always and love the touch of your little Fir Cones. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you that your Son is not called up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina, how I've missed your wonderful creations and stunning colouring. This is simply gorgeous.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Gina. Loving the Autumn colours. So lovely and bold and dareI say Autumny! Haha. I have stopped stitching some of my shaped cards now as I tend to cover everything up too. Just love everything about your card Gina. Happy Monday! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Gina. Wonderful deep colour and tone and stunning detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card Gina, love the rich autumnal colours. Hope you have a lovely few days away - and hope that your son doesn't get posted there (I think I'd have nightmares if it was mine!). Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card Gina, love the warm colours and gorgeous embellishments.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gina, Wow such a beautiful card, I cant stop looking at it, I love all the embellies, your flowers, lace, die cuts and mini pine cones, you certainly know how to put a card together, STUNNING!!!! Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and quirky card, Tilda looks so cute next to the toadstool :) xx

    ReplyDelete