Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Thursday 1 October 2015

New Challenge Paradise of Stamps - Santa's Letter

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. OMG it's the 1st of October today time is flying by before you know it, it will be Christmas! I don't really mind because Christmas is my favourite time of year! 

That brings me onto my card today for the new challenge at Paradise of Stamps, our challenge this time is  'Boy'. Well I won't lie I nearly had palpitations, I don't do male cards, no lace or flowers eek. I don't own many male stamps either as I try to avoid making male themed cards. Anyway after trawling through my stamp box, I came across a really old stamp by Sugar Nellie called Santa's Letter which fits the bill nicely.

I have coloured the image using DI reinkers and really enjoyed colouring it. For the shape I used a Go Create Die, the papers are by Maja and scraps  from my scrap box. I have painted on structure paste around the edges. Along the top I have used a Noor Design die called Stars Edge. Peeping out from the top right is a small envelope, and for the inside  I used a text stamp  to emulate a list. The red twine and jingle bells (which I painted with Gesso) are from the Ribbon Girl. The bark stars and hessian are from my stash and the little Christmas sentiment is from an LOTV  set of stamps. 




DI list:
Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Walnut Stain
Jumper and Socks: Hickory Smoke
Shorts, Hat and Boots: Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick
Scarf: Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters
Post Box: Aged Mahogany. Fired Brick, Black, Gathered Twigs
Letter: Ground Espresso, Old Paper

The winner of the challenge will join us in a GDT spot.

I will be back tomorrow with an Autumn colour themed card.

Thank you for popping in.

Take care.

Hugs
Gina xx

9 comments:

  1. This is so stunning Gina. Your image just leaps from the card. Fabulous colouring ad detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply a card of Gina, can not miss.
    Is simply gorgeous as always.
    Hugs Bianca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I think you should do more Male Cards because this is Awesome even without the lace and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina you are an abundance of talent, what stunning coloring and all the lovely details.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this takes my breath away, what fantastic colouring, you are so very clever Gina, this is such a beautiful creation, I love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina you totally rocked this boy themed card honestly I think you should do more! It's perfect, the colouring and embellies are spot on!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now Gina, I don't think you should be bothered by male cards ever again, this is gorgeous! You definitely have a flair for them. I love your colours and texture with the paste and this is an adorable image too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowser alert, stunning as always x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina this is nothing short of brilliant! The way you have coloured the image (fabulous!) makes it really jump out at you making it smashing focal point. Love this card! You should do more of these! And this layout too! Judy x

    ReplyDelete